Dear Veterans and Friends:
Arlington Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 981 is pleased to announce the establishment of the VFW Post 981 Wally Luettschwager Memorial Scholarship Grant.
This scholarship grant, in an amount as high as $3,000, is to be awarded annually in the memory of long time VFW member Wally Luettschwager.
Students who attend (or will attend) college in a degree program or a recognized trade school are invited to apply.
The ideal candidate will be an active duty or reserve member of the military or honorably discharged veteran. Others eligible are direct lineage of an honorably discharged veteran. Members of the Arlington Heights’ community and surrounding communities served by Post 981 will have preference with all other things being equal.
A life-long resident of Arlington Heights, Illinois, Wally served honorably in the US Army in combat during the Korean War. He came home and was an active member of VFW Post 981 for over 60 years in many capacities including Commander. Wally played an integral part in the organizing and running of the Arlington Heights Memorial Day Parade which has been part of the community for over 100 years.
The application form for this scholarship grant is attached. It is also available on VFW Post 981’s website: www.vfwpost981.com
DEADLINE for submitting applications for the Fall 2020 school year is March 1 2020.
The recipient will be contacted on May 1 2020.
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Forever GI Bill - Harry W. Colmery Veterans Educational Assistance Act:
The Harry W. Colmery Veterans Educational Assistance Act, also known as the “Forever GI Bill,” will bring significant changes to Veterans education benefits over the coming years. Most changes enhance or expand education benefits for Veterans, servicemembers, families, and survivors. View our breakdown of the updated benefits.
- Visit our GI Bill homepage for important announcements.
- Did your school close or was your program disapproved for VA benefits? Find out if you qualify to have your benefits restored.
- Learn about education programs and compare benefits by school with the GI Bill Comparison Tool.
- Informational Webinar for Veterans and Dependents
- Visit our Frequently Asked Questions
- Join the conversation on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.
- Our Education Call Center is available at 1-888-442-4551 (Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. CST) for any questions about GI Bill benefits.
- Take advantage of your local Veterans Service Officer to help you navigate the new information.
Questions Call: Shynae Murphy VSO for the IDVA 847-485-2772 or 847-884-0030 x2019 or Cynthia McKee VSO for the IDVA 847-332-1019