Join The American Legion!
REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN
If you aren't a veteran, you can still join as a Son of the American Legion or join the Auxiliary if you are a wife, daughter, grandaughter, or mother of a veteran or serviceman or servicewoman. Please come to the Legion Post 208 for applications or refer to these websites for eligibility information -
Auxiliary OR Sons of the American Legion
Eligible veterans applying for first time membership must submit the
following information to Post Membership Committee:
IMPORTANT: EVERYONE MUST SUBMIT
A COPY OF DD 214 OR DISCHARGE.
1. Complete American Legion Membership application by clicking on "APPLICATION" button.
Print two (2) completed copies. Keep one copy for your records. Mail the other copy to above address, together with your dues payment. (Dues amount on application). Applications are also available at the Post.)
2. COPY OF DD214 OR DISCHARGE
3. Membership Dues Payment. Dues. (Amount Shown on Application). Make checks payable to our Post listed above. DO NOT SEND CASH.
4. If the information is correct, membership will be approved and then a membership card will be mailed to you.
5. Please see eligibility dates below.
Veterans applying for transfers from your current Post to our Post must submit the following:
a. Completed Member Data Form
b. Copy of DD214 or Discharge
c. Copy of Membership Card
6. Membership dues payment, if current year dues are not paid. If current dues are paid, please pay dues for next year's membership.
MEMBERSHIP ELIGIBILTY in the American Legion is based on honorable service with the U. S. Armed Forces
December 7th, 1941 - Present (The Legion Act**)
**Because eligibility dates remain open, all members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion at this time.
For any questions please contact our membership chairman, or stop at the Post.